Commercial Drywall Journeyman
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Report to work on time, dependable, with proper set of tools (see tool list below)
- Follow all safety and building requirements established at each job site
- Follow Foreman’s instructions along with contract documents to coordinate the sequence of work
- Ability to layout walls, with a basic understanding of the building plans.
- Ability to frame walls and soffits, using metal stud framing materials
- Have a basic knowledge of the different types, sizes and gages of metal framing materials
- Ability to install backing and able to set HM Door frames in a level and plumb manner
- Ability to cut and hang drywall and sheathing in a productive manner
- Ability to install acoustical ceiling grid and ceiling tiles in a productive manner
- Ability to make accurate cuts around other trade’s boxes, pipes, etc.
- Track and review daily production goals set by Foreman and Production Manager
- Ability to adapt to change in responsibilities as they happen with a positive attitude
- Show positive attitude towards leadership and rest of team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-2 years of successful in field experience as an apprentice
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures of SW Drywall and OSHA
- Train to become proficient on tools and all equipment that requires certification
- Carry and maintain all operator cards and safety cards
- Ability to perform physical tasks (i.e. climb ladders, work from lifts, bending, kneeling, twisting, etc.) in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to follow instructions and maintain an attitude of cooperation with Foreman
- Ability to cooperate with co-workers and other trade personnel on all projects
- Modest ability to read and interpret contract documents (plans and specifications)
- High attention to detail and willingness to improve and learn new skills
- Urgent work style that understands productivity is important to work tasks
- Set a good example by being respectful to others and by keeping a neat, and organized work area
- Willingness to train and lead apprentice employees or co-workers is a plus
Look us up on Indeed and apply today!
Join our team by applying today!